Friday, November 21, 2008

In response to popular demand...

I've been asked for the story behind Taylor and Heather's proposal and so I copied it from Heather's blog to share with all of you:

"hey we are going to have a change of plans tonight" was the text message I received at work today. I had no idea what that change of plans would be. Taylor picked me up from work in his gym clothes. He told me that the racquetball courts were full so we were going to play tennis instead. He had surprised me with a new pink tennis racket. He had brought me some of his gym clothes and my sneakers. I ran in the lounge and changed.

We got to the tennis courts and started hitting the ball around. {background info: anytime we play racquetball or anything the bet is always that if I can beat him we will be engaged by Christmas} and this time was no different. The game started and it was a close one. Game point and i nailed it. I HAD WON!!!! It was a first. I was so excited I didn't even know what to do. I made a comment on how one of our first dates was on the tennis court and now we decided that we would start eternity, at least by Christmas, on the tennis court too. It was getting chilly so he decided to call it a game. I was fine so we started to gather the tennis balls. Taylor sent me to go and get the one that had flown far over the fence.

As I got back we put the stuff away and started walking to the car I made a comment about how winning would be a blog post. Taylor agreed that it would definitely be a blog post. Then he gave me a little side hug and turned me towards him and before i could realize what was happening, he was down on one knee with a ring box open towards me. He quietly popped the question, "heather, will you marry me?" I was speechless.

After a few long seconds I said "YES YES" and then the tears started coming. I was so happy and SO surprised. After we left the court we went to Idaho Falls to Johnny Carino's to celebrate and eat dinner. It was a perfect engagement and I cant wait to be married. Keep March 6th open...that is the date!!!

4 comments:

Maria said...

That is a fun engagement story! I am very happy for them. Congratulations Taylor & Heather!!

Aubrey Leong said...

Oh so cute. A big congrats!! They are adorable!

Rachel said...

Thanks for stealing it from Heather - such a cute story!

Team Fifield said...

What a great story! Glad to see you on the blog circuit! :)